EleVia Development Manager
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering the next generation of EleVia products for the Architectural, Engineering, and Construction (“AEC”) industries.
As the Development Manager at EleVia, you are enthusiastic about leading the development team and working with others in the organization to distill and prioritize product requirements for the enterprise solutions that work with Deltek Vision/Vantagepoint.
EleVia Software, headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, was founded in 2009. EleVia provides software for finance and field professionals in the architectural, engineering and construction market. We develop, deliver and support software to extend the value of the Deltek Vision® and Vantagepoint® ERP systems. Our products elevate and enhance key financial and operational processes — giving you valuable insight into project performance and profitability.
You have experience delivering solutions in the AEC and/or related or adjacent industries. You are comfortable developing people and solutions. You partner effectively with software development teams and have an “owner’s mentality” when it comes to product delivery.
- Develop and translate the high-level Product Roadmap accurately and concisely into Epics, Stories and Acceptance Criteria the development team can digest and move forward with.
- Work with other Stakeholders to ensure the backlog reflects the business and technical requirements and priorities required to support the product roadmap and company vision.
- Develop and explicitly communicate the Product Goal.
- Create, order, and clearly communicate Product Backlog items to maximize the value of your product resulting from the work of your Development Team.
- Work directly with an offshore development team building out the team’s backlog and priorities.
- Ensure that the Product Backlog is transparent, visible, and understood.
- Work with the Consultant team to address incidents and ensure that new features can be supported with minimal engineering input.
- Lead the team of developers to promote efficient processes and encourage technical excellence to support development efforts.
- Encourage and support professional growth for the development team.
- Oversee the development and evaluate product progress at each iteration while communicating to stakeholders when problems arise.
- Represent the teams in front of stakeholders, clients, or users.
- Actively lead backlog refinements, sprint planning, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in Technology roles at AEC or related industries.
- Technical experience especially working with integrations.
- Experience building out requirements and roadmaps for connectivity across disparate systems.
- Demonstrated customer-focused mindset and project management experience.
- Experience leading cross-functional, Agile Engineering teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate across functional areas.
- Strong critical thinking – ability to break down complex problems into their component parts and communicate solutions.
- Self-starter and highly motivated with attention to detail.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing customer priorities.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on computer science, design, or a quantitative field.
- Leadership responsibility for Enterprise on-prem client/server applications.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Cloud technology experience
- Deltek Vantagepoint experience