Weston & Sampson
BOTH ACCOUNTING AND OPERATIONS STAFF BENEFIT FROM ELEVIA FINANCIAL PRODUCTS
Everyone appreciates EleVia Electronic Invoicing
“I saw a demo of EleVia Electronic Invoicing at a Deltek Insight conference and immediately knew it would be a great enhancement to our system,” said Diane Grillo, Controller for Weston & Sampson. The add-on product for Vision creates PDF draft invoices, then notifies approvers, who can quickly review and mark up the PDF invoices electronically.
“Our leadership bought-in to the investment right away because they saw the potential to improve our financial performance and productivity.”
“Our leadership bought-in to the investment right away because they saw the potential to improve our financial performance and productivity,” Grillo noted. “We implemented EleVia Electronic Invoicing in 2012 and everyone from accounting to operations noticed the benefits.” Those benefits included:
- Reduced days sales outstanding (DSO) and improved cash flow.
- Shorter approval bottlenecks. “The product includes automatic alerts that notify reviewers if they haven’t approved their invoices within a few days,” Grillo said.
- Greater project manager visibility into project status without creating separate reports, which saves time.
- Reduced paper usage and costs.
- Reduced storage costs. “We were able to eliminate about a dozen filing cabinets, which was good because we needed the space for new hires,” Grillo noted.
Streamlining payables came next
Weston & Sampson purchased and implemented another EleVia product:
- EleVia Payables Approval & Tracking
which allows project managers to view and electronically mark up incoming vendor invoices quickly and easily. “We especially like that all the backup documentation is in the system, so contracts can be viewed at the same time as the invoices,” Grillo explained.
- A partner that can fill in the gaps
“Deltek Vision® is a great ERP system, but it doesn’t have all the capabilities we need,” Grillo said. “We were so excited to find a partner that can fill in the gaps and provide Vision enhancements. EleVia not only provides the products, but is very responsive, providing fast turnaround when we need help.”
About Weston & Sampson
Weston & Sampson offers a comprehensive range of services through our engineering/architecture; operations & maintenance; and construction/maintenance/repair companies. In business since 1899, our staff of nearly 700 professionals is committed to excellence in their chosen fields.